Henderson Legal Group is experienced in all levels of drug offense cases. Drug offenses include a number of specific criminal charges, many of which include controlled substances like illegal narcotics and some prescription drugs. We have defended cases involving illegal substances like marijuana, cocaine, PCP, ecstasy, methamphetamines, heroin, LSD, and opiates. We are also experienced defending clients with charges related to unauthorized use of prescription medications (like Oxycontin).
Florida law is complex when it comes to drug crimes and penalty guidelines, but all drug crime charges require vigorous defense. Our clients have come to us for defense for the following case types:
- Drug Possession: If you were arrested with any illegal substance, you were likely charged with drug possession. The penalty varies by drug type, but even if you were found in possession of less than 20 grams of marijuana, that first degree misdemeanor could mean a year in jail and a $1,000 fine. Henderson Legal Group works to hard to defend your case and keep your freedom in tact.
- Drug Possession with Intent to Sell: If you had drugs in your possession over certain thresholds, law enforcement may have assumed you intended to sell and distribute the illegal substance. We can aggressively defend these cases and help you avoid the harsher penalties associated with intent to sell.
- Cultivation/Manufacturing: Cultivation refers to growing illegal substances like marijuana. If you grow even a small amount of the plant, you could face third degree felony charges. Manufacturing refers to the production of chemically produced drug products that do not occur organically.
- Trafficking: Trafficking charges include the selling, purchasing, manufacturing, and delivering of drugs over a certain weight. Penalties for trafficking can be severe and can range into the hundreds of thousands of dollars for fines in addition to minimum mandatory prison sentences. Henderson Legal Group is able to defend both local and federal cases, as well as cases involving DEA (United States Drug Enforcement Administration).
- Prescription Drug Crimes: Cases involving prescription fraud and abuse of pain medication are becoming more common in Florida. Henderson Legal Group defends clients in the unfortunate circumstance of prescription drug crimes.
One of the most important factors in a Florida drug charge case is the mandatory minimum sentence for a conviction. This means that Florida judges cannot depart from laws regarding minimum sentences for some charges. With such severe consequences, we investigate any charges against you to determine whether we can move forward with any suppression issues such as: did the officer have the right to stop you? Where were you stopped? How? How was the search of your person, car, or home executed? Are the details of the search warrant timely and specific? Did any illegal search and seizure occur?
At Henderson Legal Group, we have a record of winning suppression cases and helping our clients reach an acquittal or dropped charges. We will advocate for you in your drug case. Call us today to get started.