Resolving Parenting Conflicts in Divorce
Divorce is never easy, especially when you have children. Children can certainly be the source of conflicts because often parents do not have compatible parenting styles. Conflicts can cause stress, not only for parents, but also for the children. It is best to try to work through issues before they escalate. Here are some tips for reducing parental conflict. Create a Detailed Parenting Plan A parenting plan is designed to provide you and your former spouse with a guideline for child custody and visitation. It is best to make the plan as detailed as possible to make it a valuable tool that will reduce the incidence of disputes. Consider the exact arrangements for children during holidays and summer vacations. The plan should also include options for resolving disagreements in the future. Establish Open Communication While communication with your spouse may not have been your strong suit, it can be instrumental in making co-parenting.
Emergency Custody Hearings
During or following a divorce, you may find that your child is in danger because of his or her other parent. In these situations, you need legal help through the court system to address the problem and ensure the safety of your child. You may request an emergency custody hearing, during which a judge will determine what is best for the child. The judge may provide a temporary parenting plan order or might issue a restraining order against the other parent. The important thing to keep in mind is that an emergency custody hearing is for use only in circumstances that are urgent. A skilled Brevard County family law attorney will help you with a request for a hearing. What is an Emergency Custody Hearing? An emergency custody hearing is designed to provide immediate assistance for the welfare and well-being of the child. You must have an.
What is the Compassionate Release Program?
The coronavirus pandemic is impacting all walks of life. With the number of cases soaring, it is apparent that social distancing is necessary to stop the spread of the virus. Unfortunately, social distancing is not usually possible in prison. Prisons are designed to contain a number of individuals in various common spaces and cells. The only way to provide for proper social distancing is to reduce the number of inmates. One way the government does this is to release some inmates. With that in mind, it may be possible to receive a compassionate release. What is a Compassionate Release? Compassionate release is a program that allows some inmates to leave the prison facility and go on home confinement for extraordinary or compelling circumstances. In the past, these types of incidences were most often related to serious medical conditions. Due to the pandemic, some inmates may have conditions that might make them more vulnerable.